School Uniform and Equipment
Boys and Girls
Hats / caps are not allowed to be worn on school premises.
- Black blazer with GCA badge – This must be worn at all times and should not be kept in a school bag.
- Plain white shirt with collar
- Greig City Academy tie
- Plain black tailored (loose fitting) trousers, not denims or leggings
- V-necked jumper, charcoal grey with a blue striped collar
- Plain black leather, flat shoes; not trainers/plimsolls or canvas shoes
- Socks or tights, plain black
- Religious headwear, plain black only
- Plain black shower-proof jacket or coat – no body warmers – no logos
- Plain black belt
- If wearing a skirt, plain black, straight or pleated (knee length)
- Plain black hair bands
- No false/ acrylic nails or coloured nail polish
- No dyed hair or weaves, natural colour only
- No plastic beads or metal bands in hair
- No coloured contact lenses
- No make-up or false eyelashes
- Only one set of studs in the lower earlobe
- No facial piercings
- One ring and a watch permitted, no other visible jewellery
- No tramlines or patterns cut into the hair or eyebrows
Please note: All jewellery must be removed for PE lessons. If students wish to have their ears pierced they should do so during the summer holidays to allow time to heal.
For the first half term and the whole of the summer term the jumper is an optional item of uniform. It must however be worn from the October half term up to the Easter holiday.
You can buy our school uniform from:
3 Northumberland Park
London N17 0TA
Tel: 020 8216 9113
Please ask for the Greig City uniform and take note of our school trouser and shoes policy detailed above.
The PE kit can be purchased from Divine Solutions - details as above. It has been compulsory for Year 7s from September 2022. All other year groups may choose to buy the new kit immediately but, if they do not wish to, they will continue wearing the following:
- Training shoes
- T-shirt - plain white
- Shorts - royal blue
- Games skirt - royal blue
- Sports socks - royal blue
From September 2023, the new kit will be compulsory for all students. Please see photos in document attached in left hand column.
There is no formal 6th form uniform. Students are expected to wear ‘business dress’ as might be required in an office environment.
Students are to be fit for work at all times. Any additional fashion items that impinge on the safe and effective running of the school will not be allowed. Any items not listed here which the school feels are questionable will be subject to the Principal's discretion.
Every student is expected to provide the following basic items of equipment for all lessons: pencil case containing blue or black pen and a spare pen; pencil, ruler, eraser, calculator; and an appropriate bag to carry all equipment. In some subjects text books will be issued on loan and students will be required to pay for any loss or damage.
Expensive equipment and large sums of money should not be brought into school. Examples include:
- mobile phones or pagers
- personal stereos
- MP3 players/iPods
- electronic games
Any of these items that are seen or used in school will be confiscated. The Academy cannot be held responsible for the loss of students' property which is brought on site against the advice and rules of the school.