MusicBack to Key Information
This BTEC Level 3 course offers students an opportunity to study a choice of two music pathways.
Students have the opportunity to elect for their own specialism, either music performance or music technology.
Both pathways generate a opportunity to go to university and have industry standard training, with further opportunities for professional networking and work experience within the industry.
Performance students will be accessing individual instrumental lessons and grade examinations in addition to the level 3 course. They will be required to represent Greig City Academy as musical ambassadors in public performance and shows.
Technical students will be accessing studio time and be required to record artists and produce public shows, with PA, management and production skills.
Performance students must be able to:
- Play to grade 5 standard on their first instrument
- Have basic keyboard skills
- Have some experience of ensemble or band work
- Be able to work in teams and contribute to public performances
Technical students must:
- Have experience of professional music sequencing and recording software
- Have basic keyboard skills and an rudimentary understand of chords and sequencing rhythm
- Have a broad repertoire of musical taste to encompass in their study of music and musical elements
- Be able to contribute to the management and technical running of public performances