We take very seriously our responsibility to protect and safeguard the welfare of children and young people in our care.
We commit to:
- Establishing and maintaining an environment where students feel safe and secure and are encouraged to talk, and are listened to.
- Ensuring that students know there are adults within the school they can approach if they are worried or in difficulty.
- Including, in the PSHE curriculum, activities and opportunities which equip students with the skills they need to stay safe from abuse and an understanding of the potential dangers of internet chat rooms.
- Including in the curriculum material which will help students develop realistic attitudes to the responsibilities of adult life, particularly with regard to childcare and parenting skills.
- Ensuring that every effort is made to establish effective working relationships with parents and with colleagues from partner agencies.
If you have any queries regarding our safeguarding procedures please feel free to contact our Designated Safeguarding Lead - Jade Downey on 020 8609 0100 or by email: email@example.com.
From the left hand column of this page you can download our policy on safeguarding and child protection as well as documents from the Department for Education and Ofsted, which provide important guidance for schools to which we adhere.