The Pupil Premium
The Pupil Premium provides additional funding on top of the main funding a school receives. It is used for the benefit of students who are known to be eligible for free school meals or who have been eligible in the last six years as well as children who have been looked after continuously for more than six months.
We received £433k for 2020-21. The indicative allocation for 2021-22 is £420k.
Expenditure is monitored closely with all schools accountable for the impact of the money spent. We spend this money in a variety of ways to support students whose families are on a low income. The important thing is to make sure that the ways that it is spent have the highest possible impact on attainment and success.
How we spent the pupil premium and literacy and numeracy catch-up premium in 2020-21
Please click on the document below to see the specific interventions that support our efforts to raise the achievement of all students, including those eligible for Pupil Premium. Costings are rounded:
The following interventions are included within staffing costs:
- Continued development of in-school seclusion facility as an alternative to temporary exclusion (1fte)
- Period 6 for KS4 increases learning time for all pupils
- Mandarin Excellence Programme (2 class groups KS3)
- STEM programme (2 class groups KS3)
How we measure impact
- Continual monitoring and review of interventions/strategies
- Systematic use of data to track the progress of students
- The curriculum review process during the autumn term includes a review of eligible students' progress in individual subjects at KS4 and 5
|Greig City Academy Pupil Premium Expenditure 2020-21||18th Nov 2021||Download|