Vision and Values
We are proud that Greig City Academy is an inclusive Church of England school, open to all. The school welcomes students and staff from many different backgrounds and faith traditions. The school ethos promotes the central Christian values of caring for one another and working together for the good of all.
We commit the school to support all students to realise their full potential so that they leave the school with the qualifications, skills and attributes they need to lead fulfilled and rewarding lives. We fully endorse the school’s relentless focus on:
- High academic and personal achievement
- Positive attitudes towards learning
- Exemplary behaviour
Within this context we have defined three goals for the school to meet by 2020:
- By 2020 the progress made by all students between entry at age 11 and taking GCSEs at 16 will be in the top 10% of schools nationally; and similar progress will be seen in the sixth form, making Greig an outstanding school in terms of examination performance.
- By 2020, within an excellent all-round curriculum, Greig will be a national centre of excellence in science, technology engineering and mathematics (STEM).
- By 2020 Greig will be seen as a top school by many more parents in Haringey.